Calcutta Rescue Fund has no paid staff in the UK and is run by volunteers. Because we are a small team, we need your help! Our supporters spread the word about what we do and help us raise the vital funds that allow us to continue the lifesaving work in India.
There is no end of ways to fundraise, and people are always coming up with new ones. This year our supporters have raised money by:
• Running the Edinburgh marathon
• A sponsored barefoot walk
• A sponsored archery competition (a scout troup)
• Hosting Indian and Bollywood themed social gatherings
• Asking for donations instead of birthday presents
• Walking the 'distance' from Bristol to Kolkata (as measured by pedometers worn by team members at work).
For some more ideas to get you started, please download our factsheet here.
Whether you are raising money through a sponsored event, or asking for donations in memory of a loved one, you can often raise more with an online donations page. You can make a personal page to support Calcutta Rescue Fund by clicking here:
Once the page is made, just send the link to family and friends.